- The burden of Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the
- God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and
is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he
reserveth wrath for his enemies.
- The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at
all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in
the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.
- He rebuketh the sea, and maketh it dry, and drieth up all the
rivers: Bashan languisheth, and Carmel, and the flower of Lebanon
- The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is
burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
- Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the
fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the
rocks are thrown down by him.
- The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he
knoweth them that trust in him.
- But with an overrunning flood he will make an utter end of the
place thereof, and darkness shall pursue his enemies.
- What do ye imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end:
affliction shall not rise up the second time.
- For while they be folden together as thorns, and while they are
drunken as drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry.
- There is one come out of thee, that imagineth evil against the
LORD, a wicked counsellor.
- Thus saith the LORD; Though they be quiet, and likewise many,
yet thus shall they be cut down, when he shall pass through. Though I
have afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more.
- For now will I break his yoke from off thee, and will burst thy
bonds in sunder.
- And the LORD hath given a commandment concerning thee, that no
more of thy name be sown: out of the house of thy gods will I cut off
the graven image and the molten image: I will make thy grave; for thou
- Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that bringeth good
tidings, that publisheth peace! O Judah, keep thy solemn feasts,
perform thy vows: for the wicked shall no more pass through thee; he
is utterly cut off.
- He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the
munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power
- For the LORD hath turned away the excellency of Jacob, as the
excellency of Israel: for the emptiers have emptied them out, and
marred their vine branches.
- The shield of his mighty men is made red, the valiant men are in
scarlet: the chariots shall be with flaming torches in the day of his
preparation, and the fir trees shall be terribly shaken.
- The chariots shall rage in the streets, they shall justle one
against another in the broad ways: they shall seem like torches, they
shall run like the lightnings.
- He shall recount his worthies: they shall stumble in their walk;
they shall make haste to the wall thereof, and the defence shall be
- The gates of the rivers shall be opened, and the palace shall be
- And Huzzab shall be led away captive, she shall be brought up,
and her maids shall lead her as with the voice of doves, tabering upon
- But Nineveh is of old like a pool of water: yet they shall flee
away. Stand, stand, shall they cry; but none shall look back.
- Take ye the spoil of silver, take the spoil of gold: for there is
none end of the store and glory out of all the pleasant furniture.
- She is empty, and void, and waste: and the heart melteth, and
the knees smite together, and much pain is in all loins, and the faces
of them all gather blackness.
- Where is the dwelling of the lions, and the feedingplace of the
young lions, where the lion, even the old lion, walked, and the lion's
whelp, and none made them afraid?
- The lion did tear in pieces enough for his whelps, and strangled
for his lionesses, and filled his holes with prey, and his dens with
- Behold, I am against thee, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will
burn her chariots in the smoke, and the sword shall devour thy young
lions: and I will cut off thy prey from the earth, and the voice of
thy messengers shall no more be heard.
- Woe to the bloody city! it is all full of lies and robbery; the
prey departeth not;
- The noise of a whip, and the noise of the rattling of the wheels,
and of the pransing horses, and of the jumping chariots.
- The horseman lifteth up both the bright sword and the glittering
spear: and there is a multitude of slain, and a great number of
carcases; and there is none end of their corpses; they stumble upon
- Because of the multitude of the whoredoms of the wellfavoured
harlot, the mistress of witchcrafts, that selleth nations through her
whoredoms, and families through her witchcrafts.
- Behold, I am against thee, saith the LORD of hosts; and I will
discover thy skirts upon thy face, and I will shew the nations thy
nakedness, and the kingdoms thy shame.
- And I will cast abominable filth upon thee, and make thee vile,
and will set thee as a gazingstock.
- And it shall come to pass, that all they that look upon thee
shall flee from thee, and say, Nineveh is laid waste: who will bemoan
her? whence shall I seek comforters for thee?
- Art thou better than populous No, that was situate among the
rivers, that had the waters round about it, whose rampart was the sea,
and her wall was from the sea?
- Ethiopia and Egypt were her strength, and it was infinite; Put
and Lubim were thy helpers.
- Yet was she carried away, she went into captivity: her young
children also were dashed in pieces at the top of all the streets: and
they cast lots for her honourable men, and all her great men were
bound in chains.
- Thou also shalt be drunken: thou shalt be hid, thou also shalt
seek strength because of the enemy.
- All thy strong holds shall be like fig trees with the firstripe
figs: if they be shaken, they shall even fall into the mouth of the
- Behold, thy people in the midst of thee are women: the gates of
thy land shall be set wide open unto thine enemies: the fire shall
devour thy bars.
- Draw thee waters for the siege, fortify thy strong holds: go
into clay, and tread the morter, make strong the brickkiln.
- There shall the fire devour thee; the sword shall cut thee off,
it shall eat thee up like the cankerworm: make thyself many as the
cankerworm, make thyself many as the locusts.
- Thou hast multiplied thy merchants above the stars of heaven:
the cankerworm spoileth, and fleeth away.
- Thy crowned are as the locusts, and thy captains as the great
grasshoppers, which camp in the hedges in the cold day, but when the
sun ariseth they flee away, and their place is not known where they
- Thy shepherds slumber, O king of Assyria: thy nobles shall dwell
in the dust: thy people is scattered upon the mountains, and no man
- There is no healing of thy bruise; thy wound is grievous: all
that hear the bruit of thee shall clap the hands over thee: for upon
whom hath not thy wickedness passed continually?
- The burden which Habakkuk the prophet did see.
- O LORD, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry
out unto thee of violence, and thou wilt not save!
- Why dost thou shew me iniquity, and cause me to behold grievance?
for spoiling and violence are before me: and there are that raise up
strife and contention.
- Therefore the law is slacked, and judgment doth never go forth:
for the wicked doth compass about the righteous; therefore wrong
- Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvelously:
for I will work a work in your days which ye will not believe, though
it be told you.
- For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation,
which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the
dwellingplaces that are not their's.
- They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity
shall proceed of themselves.
- Their horses also are swifter than the leopards, and are more
fierce than the evening wolves: and their horsemen shall spread
themselves, and their horsemen shall come from far; they shall fly as
the eagle that hasteth to eat.
- They shall come all for violence: their faces shall sup up as the
east wind, and they shall gather the captivity as the sand.
- And they shall scoff at the kings, and the princes shall be a
scorn unto them: they shall deride every strong hold; for they shall
heap dust, and take it.
- Then shall his mind change, and he shall pass over, and offend,
imputing this his power unto his god.
- Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we
shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O
mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.
- Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look
on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously,
and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more
righteous than he?
- And makest men as the fishes of the sea, as the creeping things,
that have no ruler over them?
- They take up all of them with the angle, they catch them in
their net, and gather them in their drag: therefore they rejoice and
- Therefore they sacrifice unto their net, and burn incense unto
their drag; because by them their portion is fat, and their meat
- Shall they therefore empty their net, and not spare continually
to slay the nations?
- I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will
watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I
- And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it
plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
- For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it
shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it
will surely come, it will not tarry.
- Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but
the just shall live by his faith.
- Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man,
neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as
death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations,
and heapeth unto him all people:
- Shall not all these take up a parable against him, and a taunting
proverb against him, and say, Woe to him that increaseth that which is
not his! how long? and to him that ladeth himself with thick clay!
- Shall they not rise up suddenly that shall bite thee, and awake
that shall vex thee, and thou shalt be for booties unto them?
- Because thou hast spoiled many nations, all the remnant of the
people shall spoil thee; because of men's blood, and for the violence
of the land, of the city, and of all that dwell therein.
- Woe to him that coveteth an evil covetousness to his house, that
he may set his nest on high, that he may be delivered from the power
- Thou hast consulted shame to thy house by cutting off many
people, and hast sinned against thy soul.
- For the stone shall cry out of the wall, and the beam out of the
timber shall answer it.
- Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and stablisheth a
city by iniquity!
- Behold, is it not of the LORD of hosts that the people shall
labour in the very fire, and the people shall weary themselves for
- For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of
the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
- Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy
bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on
- Thou art filled with shame for glory: drink thou also, and let
thy foreskin be uncovered: the cup of the LORD's right hand shall be
turned unto thee, and shameful spewing shall be on thy glory.
- For the violence of Lebanon shall cover thee, and the spoil of
beasts, which made them afraid, because of men's blood, and for the
violence of the land, of the city, and of all that dwell therein.
- What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath
graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of
his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols?
- Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake; to the dumb stone,
Arise, it shall teach! Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver,
and there is no breath at all in the midst of it.
- But the LORD is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep
silence before him.
- A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet upon Shigionoth.
- O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive
thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make
known; in wrath remember mercy.
- God came from Teman, and the Holy One from mount Paran. Selah.
His glory covered the heavens, and the earth was full of his praise.
- And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of
his hand: and there was the hiding of his power.
- Before him went the pestilence, and burning coals went forth at
- He stood, and measured the earth: he beheld, and drove asunder
the nations; and the everlasting mountains were scattered, the
perpetual hills did bow: his ways are everlasting.
- I saw the tents of Cushan in affliction: and the curtains of the
land of Midian did tremble.
- Was the LORD displeased against the rivers? was thine anger
against the rivers? was thy wrath against the sea, that thou didst
ride upon thine horses and thy chariots of salvation?
- Thy bow was made quite naked, according to the oaths of the
tribes, even thy word. Selah. Thou didst cleave the earth with
- The mountains saw thee, and they trembled: the overflowing of
the water passed by: the deep uttered his voice, and lifted up his
hands on high.
- The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light
of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.
- Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst
thresh the heathen in anger.
- Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for
salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the
house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck.
- Thou didst strike through with his staves the head of his
villages: they came out as a whirlwind to scatter me: their rejoicing
was as to devour the poor secretly.
- Thou didst walk through the sea with thine horses, through the
heap of great waters.
- When I heard, my belly trembled; my lips quivered at the voice:
rottenness entered into my bones, and I trembled in myself, that I
might rest in the day of trouble: when he cometh up unto the people,
he will invade them with his troops.
- Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be
in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall
yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there
shall be no herd in the stalls:
- Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my
- The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like
hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To
the chief singer on my stringed instruments.
- The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah the son of Cushi,
the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hizkiah, in the
days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah.
- I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the
- I will consume man and beast; I will consume the fowls of the
heaven, and the fishes of the sea, and the stumbling blocks with the
wicked: and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the LORD.
- I will also stretch out mine hand upon Judah, and upon all the
inhabitants of Jerusalem; and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from
this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests;
- And them that worship the host of heaven upon the housetops; and
them that worship and that swear by the LORD, and that swear by
- And them that are turned back from the LORD; and those that have
not sought the LORD, nor enquired for him.
- Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of
the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath
bid his guests.
- And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD's sacrifice,
that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such
as are clothed with strange apparel.
- In the same day also will I punish all those that leap on the
threshold, which fill their masters' houses with violence and deceit.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD, that
there shall be the noise of a cry from the fish gate, and an howling
from the second, and a great crashing from the hills.
- Howl, ye inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are
cut down; all they that bear silver are cut off.
- And it shall come to pass at that time, that I will search
Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their
lees: that say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will
he do evil.
- Therefore their goods shall become a booty, and their houses a
desolation: they shall also build houses, but not inhabit them; and
they shall plant vineyards, but not drink the wine thereof.
- The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth
greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall
cry there bitterly.
- That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day
of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day
of clouds and thick darkness,
- A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and
against the high towers.
- And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like
blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood
shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.
- Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver
them in the day of the LORD's wrath; but the whole land shall be
devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy
riddance of all them that dwell in the land.
- Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not
- Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff,
before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of
the LORD's anger come upon you.
- Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought
his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be
hid in the day of the LORD's anger.
- For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall
drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up.
- Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the
Cherethites! the word of the LORD is against you; O Canaan, the land
of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no
- And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds,
and folds for flocks.
- And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah;
they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie
down in the evening: for the LORD their God shall visit them, and turn
away their captivity.
- I have heard the reproach of Moab, and the revilings of the
children of Ammon, whereby they have reproached my people, and
magnified themselves against their border.
- Therefore as I live, saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel,
Surely Moab shall be as Sodom, and the children of Ammon as Gomorrah,
even the breeding of nettles, and saltpits, and a perpetual
desolation: the residue of my people shall spoil them, and the remnant
of my people shall possess them.
- This shall they have for their pride, because they have
reproached and magnified themselves against the people of the LORD of
- The LORD will be terrible unto them: for he will famish all the
gods of the earth; and men shall worship him, every one from his
place, even all the isles of the heathen.
- Ye Ethiopians also, ye shall be slain by my sword.
- And he will stretch out his hand against the north, and destroy
Assyria; and will make Nineveh a desolation, and dry like a
- And flocks shall lie down in the midst of her, all the beasts of
the nations: both the cormorant and the bittern shall lodge in the
upper lintels of it; their voice shall sing in the windows; desolation
shall be in the thresholds; for he shall uncover the cedar work.
- This is the rejoicing city that dwelt carelessly, that said in
her heart, I am, and there is none beside me: how is she become a
desolation, a place for beasts to lie down in! every one that passeth
by her shall hiss, and wag his hand.
- Woe to her that is filthy and polluted, to the oppressing city!
- She obeyed not the voice; she received not correction; she
trusted not in the LORD; she drew not near to her God.
- Her princes within her are roaring lions; her judges are evening
wolves; they gnaw not the bones till the morrow.
- Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have
polluted the sanctuary, they have done violence to the law.
- The just LORD is in the midst thereof; he will not do iniquity:
every morning doth he bring his judgment to light, he faileth not; but
the unjust knoweth no shame.
- I have cut off the nations: their towers are desolate; I made
their streets waste, that none passeth by: their cities are destroyed,
so that there is no man, that there is none inhabitant.
- I said, Surely thou wilt fear me, thou wilt receive instruction;
so their dwelling should not be cut off, howsoever I punished them:
but they rose early, and corrupted all their doings.
- Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I
rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations,
that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation,
even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the
fire of my jealousy.
- For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may
all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
- From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the
daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.
- In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings,
wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away
out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou
shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.
- I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor
people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.
- The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies;
neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they
shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
- Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice
with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
- The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine
enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee:
thou shalt not see evil any more.
- In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to
Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.
- The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save,
he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will
joy over thee with singing.
- I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly,
who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden.
- Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I
will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I
will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put
- At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I
gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people
of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith
- In the second year of Darius the king, in the sixth month, in the
first day of the month, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the
prophet unto Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and
to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, saying,
- Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, This people say, The
time is not come, the time that the LORD's house should be built.
- Then came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet, saying,
- Is it time for you, O ye, to dwell in your cieled houses, and
this house lie waste?
- Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.
- Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not
enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but
there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it
into a bag with holes.
- Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.
- Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house; and I
will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the LORD.
- Ye looked for much, and, lo it came to little; and when ye
brought it home, I did blow upon it. Why? saith the LORD of hosts.
Because of mine house that is waste, and ye run every man unto his own
- Therefore the heaven over you is stayed from dew, and the earth
is stayed from her fruit.
- And I called for a drought upon the land, and upon the
mountains, and upon the corn, and upon the new wine, and upon the oil,
and upon that which the ground bringeth forth, and upon men, and upon
cattle, and upon all the labour of the hands.
- Then Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and Joshua the son of
Josedech, the high priest, with all the remnant of the people, obeyed
the voice of the LORD their God, and the words of Haggai the prophet,
as the LORD their God had sent him, and the people did fear before the
- Then spake Haggai the LORD's messenger in the LORD's message
unto the people, saying, I am with you, saith the LORD.
- And the LORD stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of
Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of
Josedech, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the
people; and they came and did work in the house of the LORD of hosts,
- In the four and twentieth day of the sixth month, in the second
year of Darius the king.
- In the seventh month, in the one and twentieth day of the month,
came the word of the LORD by the prophet Haggai, saying,
- Speak now to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah,
and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and to the residue
of the people, saying,
- Who is left among you that saw this house in her first glory?
and how do ye see it now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it
- Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the LORD; and be strong, O
Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong, all ye people
of the land, saith the LORD, and work: for I am with you, saith the
LORD of hosts:
- According to the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out
of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.
- For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while,
and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry
- And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall
come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.
- The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of
- The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the
former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace,
saith the LORD of hosts.
- In the four and twentieth day of the ninth month, in the second
year of Darius, came the word of the LORD by Haggai the prophet,
- Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ask now the priests concerning the
- If one bear holy flesh in the skirt of his garment, and with his
skirt do touch bread, or pottage, or wine, or oil, or any meat, shall
it be holy? And the priests answered and said, No.
- Then said Haggai, If one that is unclean by a dead body touch
any of these, shall it be unclean? And the priests answered and said,
It shall be unclean.
- Then answered Haggai, and said, So is this people, and so is
this nation before me, saith the LORD; and so is every work of their
hands; and that which they offer there is unclean.
- And now, I pray you, consider from this day and upward, from
before a stone was laid upon a stone in the temple of the LORD:
- Since those days were, when one came to an heap of twenty
measures, there were but ten: when one came to the pressfat for to
draw out fifty vessels out of the press, there were but twenty.
- I smote you with blasting and with mildew and with hail in all
the labours of your hands; yet ye turned not to me, saith the LORD.
- Consider now from this day and upward, from the four and
twentieth day of the ninth month, even from the day that the
foundation of the LORD's temple was laid, consider it.
- Is the seed yet in the barn? yea, as yet the vine, and the fig
tree, and the pomegranate, and the olive tree, hath not brought forth:
from this day will I bless you.
- And again the word of the LORD came unto Haggai in the four and
twentieth day of the month, saying,
- Speak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, saying, I will shake the
heavens and the earth;
- And I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms, and I will destroy
the strength of the kingdoms of the heathen; and I will overthrow the
chariots, and those that ride in them; and the horses and their riders
shall come down, every one by the sword of his brother.
- In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, will I take thee, O
Zerubbabel, my servant, the son of Shealtiel, saith the LORD, and will
make thee as a signet: for I have chosen thee, saith the LORD of