An evaluation designed to help you identify and
develop your God-given spiritual gifts
INSIGHTS TO SPIRITUAL GIFTS
TO WHOM AND HOW ARE SPIRITUAL GIFTS GIVEN?
1. Every believer is spiritually gifted (I Peter 4:10; I Cor. 12:7; Eph. 4:7-8)...
2. When he or she becomes a Christian (I Cor. 12:13)....
3. With the gift(s) that God chooses for him or her (I Cor. 12:11,18)....
Note: No one Christian has all the gifts nor is any one gift common to all Christians
(I Cor. 12:12-18).
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS?
1. The glory of God in His church -1 Peter 4:10-11.
2. The building up of the body of Christ - Eph. 4:12.
3. The unity of the body - Eph. 4:13.
4. The maturity of the body - Eph. 4:14-15.
5. The growth of the body - Eph. 4:16.
6. The common good (for the good of the whole) -I Cor. 12
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HUMAN TALENTS AND
- Inherited from forefathers
- Present from natural birth.
- God-given to all members
of the human race.
- For human activities.
- Can be operated independent
of the Holy Spirit.
- Ministers primarily on
- Effects are usually
- Glorifies self
- Given by the Holy Spirit
- Present from New Birth.
- God-given to members of
- For ministry of the body.
- Dependent on the Holy
- Ministers on spiritual level.
- Effects are eternal
- Glorifies God
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE FRUIT OF
THE SPIRIT AND THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT?
- Defines what a Christian is
- Same in every Christian
- Satan cannot imitate
- Deals with character
- End in itself
- According to spirituality
- Determine what a Christian does
- Different in each Christian
- Satan can imitate
- Deals with service/ministry
- Means to an end
- Will cease
- Not according to spirituality